On September 17, 2020, the faculty of Natural Sciences of ENU hosted the international scientific and practical conference "Distance education: new challenges on a global scale" in the form of a workshop, virtual session, seminar, and master class using DOT. Seminar topic: "Teaching natural Sciences in the context of distance education". The event was attended by faculty and students of ENU and foreign partner universities such as Bashkir State University (Ufa, Russia), al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Almaty), South Kazakhstan State University named after M.Auezov (Shymkent), Aktobe Regional University named after K. Zhubanov.
In her welcoming speech, the dean of the faculty N. L. Shapekova noted that distance learning technologies have become the most popular and promising for the educational process.
Topics of reports and presentations:
1. "Application of computer programs for remote assessment of the risk of developing health disorders of participants in the educational process" (Zh. M. Mukataeva, professor, doctor of Biological Sciences, Department of General Biology and Genomics);
2. «Actual problems of distance environmental education» (Masenov K. B., candidate of Technical Sciences, associate professor, Department of Management and Engineering of Environmental Protection);
3. «Efficiency of using DLT in teaching biotechnology subjects» (Arystanova Sholpan Eskuatovna, acting Professor of the Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology);
4. «Development of a presentation as a form of activation of educational activities of students in the conditions of CDL» (Saipov A. A., doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, professor of the Department of Physical and Economic Geography);
5. "Features of conducting laboratory classes in the conditions of CDL" (Tursynova A. K., candidate of chemical Sciences, associate Professor of the Department of Chemistry).
The participants of the event noted the timeliness of this conference, designed to become a dialogue platform for searching and discussing advanced ideas and current challenges in the field of remote technologies.